Revan's Fist
Revan's Fist
Revan's Fist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revan's Fist

We are a Community based off of the up coming Star Wars Game SW: TOR

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
There are alot of changes going on so please don't be surprised if you see them....Have any questions about them contact a Council member.
We have reorganized to Tri-Corp.  Please Visit Our Website @ Tri-Corp.org. Come and join us!

My goodbye to the fifth

Go down 
+2
Elfa
Keepers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

My goodbye to the fifth Empty
PostSubject: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:07 pm

"Greetings and salutations Fifth Fleet Officer's,

Due to the current situation with STO and the fleet being an "umbrella Corporation" I have decided to split ways and create my own guild, one that plays other games, but is focused on SW: TOR, at the moment my guild roster is getting pretty filled, we have ventrilo, a website and forums, I do not agree with how the fifth has been run, but those are my own opinions, I think that if the upper echelon of command would have been on more often things might be different now a days, but you cant change the past, just keep moving forward, and that my friends is what i am doing.

I wish you all the best in all of your future endeavors, and hopefully "The 5th Dimension" works out for you all, it probably wont, because it seems no one cares about the little people, a word of advice, maybe take some from those in the lower ranks, they usually see things that the upper chain of command doesnt...

On that note, I really enjoyed my time with the fifth, and all of the folks i met, just remember its not the people in the high positions that matter, its the people in the lower ranks that make the guild/fleet/whatever you want to call it, unfortunately the fifth turned out to be a disaster, and I believe it was the game AND the upper chain of command that created this fault..."

Was this mean to say? I really dont think so, I think it matches the situation perfectly, tell me what you think
Back to top Go down
https://revansfist.rpg-board.net
Elfa
Major
Major
Elfa

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:29 am

I'm forced to agree with your assessment of the situation Colonel Keepers. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Rahl
Sergeant
Sergeant
Rahl

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 am

I disagree / agree with Elfa....depends. And as long as it doesn't become a pissing contest. Which I can see them trying...

I imagine if they take offense to it, they might try to "get back at you" and try to make you argue on their forums to discredit you. This would work for them to regain a fraction of the "standing" in the eyes of their own followers that you just sullied. I think saying "hopefully "The 5th Dimension" works out for you all, it probably wont.." was unnecessary. In a way it was like setting c4 on their foundation as you waved your goodbyes.

Now I only feel this way IF it was posted for all to see. IF it was posted for ONLY the upper management, I would say that the message was just right. But the tone and the way it was written it seemed like it was for all to see. I tried to see it on the 5th forums but couldn't find it. I don't know if its because you HAD posted it for upper management, or if they deleted it.

Sir. Wink
Back to top Go down
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

I posted it for ALL to see, starfire did however try to rebuttal it, but I just ignored it, so yes, in a sense it was kind of immature, but it needed to be said in order to help them later on, I know if Tral saw it, he would try and rectify the situation, but if they deleted it before he saw it, then I fear the worst for the 5th.
Back to top Go down
Rahl
Sergeant
Sergeant
Rahl

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:13 pm

On that I do agree. No matter how they feel about your post, the underlying problems of the 5th were right there in writing. If they allow their emotions to cloud their critical thinking and ignore all you said, then they choose to walk into their futures backwards, blind. Only a fool walks into the future backwards.
Back to top Go down
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:23 pm

I couldnt agree with you more, I was speaking to someone the other day, and i told them I am not trying to make this the biggest and best guild out of the game, I am trying to help create a community of people that enjoy gaming and enjoy each other, this guild is here to create friendships not subordinates, this is to be a break from reality not a second job, I also said its not the upper management that creates the guild its the member's in the ranks that create it, with out you guys supporting us we would have nothing...

On that note I tip my hat to all of those in the lower ranks for making us a fun enjoyable group of people! Thank you! Especially those from the 5th
Back to top Go down
Valhala
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Valhala

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:14 pm

I would have to second the whole idea of thinking that the fifth or whatever they call themselves now is a damn joke!! I am going to be drafting my esit from them very soon. I am glad to become a part of this new group of individuals.
Back to top Go down
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:33 am

and we are very glad to have you!
Back to top Go down
Callaway
Major
Major
Callaway

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Hello Fellow Legionaries,

I know that alot of people have their own opinions about Guilds and how they should run, but you know I do not have any ill feeling toward The Fifth. It was a great organization for a time (and probably still is a pretty good one for the direction they are going). If they were not they would not be around still after the hit they took partly due to STO's failure. Most of us met at the fifth and I still have friends there. I did enjoy myself, no I didn't agree with everything that was done there, when it got to a point that I did not feel that myself and the Command Staff had different Ideas and were going different directions I transferred my commission, enough said. So I would like to say I will not be posting any bad OPINIONS here I would like to thank/salute the Fifth Fleet for the opportunities and experiences I did have also for this organization for having me.

Thank you all for the being yourselves,
Major L. S. Callaway
Commanding Officer Bonegnawer Company
Revan's Fist
Back to top Go down
http://revansfist.com
Chase
Ambassador
Ambassador
Chase

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:03 am

Greetings to all members of Revan's Fist and former Fifth Fleet members,

In the course of the restructure of the Fleet, I have been named Fleet Admiral. I want to let all the former members know that there is no ill will towards any of you for either the reasons you left, or how it was done. I would like to let you know that I am currently looking at the direction the Fleet is going, and will be making some changes to the way that the Fleet works.

I would like to ask that if you would like to let me know why you left, so that those issues can be addressed, please send me a PM.

I will admit that Fifth Fleet took a very hard hit with the release of STO, but I plan to make the best of it. If any of you would like to meet with me, just let me know and we can make arrangements. I thank you for taking the time to read this, and look forward to hearing from each of you.

Safe journey,

Fleet Admiral Chase
Commanding Officer
Fifth Fleet
Back to top Go down
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Fleet admiral, I do believe all you would need to do is see what people have been writing int his forum, to see what the issues were/are, it is the upper chain of command not caring about the people below them... them not taking advice from the people living the situation, they have their own clique and thats where it stayed..
Back to top Go down
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:05 pm

This is a private convo between Admiral Starfire and myself a few weeks ago, read this please.

"Keepers: sir are you available?

Starfire: Im sitting here watching TV

Keepers: roger that sir, are you still on leave sir?

Starfire: No Im back as of today

Keepers: roger that sir, with all due respect sir, I lost 11 cadets due to the lack of exit interviews sir, they all lost interest

Starfire: it is my experience that when someone says "with all due respect" it is actually completely lacking in respect
Starfire: I was on leave for a purpose
Starfire: and as soon as I log in I am jumped by people left and right
Starfire: Chapman's absense is my fault as I imposed upon his hospitality this past week

Keepers: sir I meant that with the highest amount of respect sir

Starfire: Sorry, Im still in a bad mood from my trip home

Keepers: i apologize for that sir, I didnt mean any disrespect

Starfire: I had a flight cancelled, extending my trip one day, and almost missed a connecting flight the next day
Starfire: packages that were not supposed to be delivered were stolen from my front porch

Keepers: I jusat havent been able to speak to anyone about this matter, due to the fact that no one in my chain of command has been online
Keepers: outside of you being on leave sir

Starfire: The Fleet Admiral has done at least one exit interview to my knowledge

Keepers: that is correct sir, but again.. the other 10 havent logged on due to the inactivity in this department, again sir I am only expressing my concerns nothing more
Keepers: I have been online every day, but i do not have the privilages of either yourself or admiral chapman
Keepers: it is just frustrating to me sir

Starfire: I understand that

Keepers: and I apologize if what I have said has come off harsh, I didnt mean for it to sound like that sir

Starfire: might I suggest that people who cannot wait with patience during what has been a trying two weeks for others who would be their comrades are probably not worthy of us

Keepers: I agree sir very much, however, having someone other than myself log on more that once a week, would increase morale in the area of recruitment
Keepers: I understand sir you were on leave, but admiral chapman logged on once maybe twice while you were gone, and did not respond to anyone

Starfire: agreed, but I cannot speak for the other members of our department without knowing whats going on

Keepers: I have sent him PM's after every recruit as ordered by my position, and again I recieved nothing in return sir
Keepers: agreed sir, I guess I just expected more when I shouldnt have

Starfire: well I distracted Chapman quite ably
Starfire: I had no one else to drive me around while in Vegas, and his kind nature compelled him to help me
Starfire: the last thing I wanted to do while standing IN HIS HOME was lean on him to log in
Starfire: I had assumed that the Fleet Admiral had things in hand

Keepers: roger that sir i had no idea what was going on, but again that was none of my concern, thank you for clearing the air

Starfire: I was told the Fleet Admiral was dealing with it in fact. I will ask at the staff meeting
Starfire: in the meantime, please let me know what has transpired in my absense

Keepers: will do sir

Starfire: I understand your frustration, Im frustrated by it too now that Im back

Keepers: other than sir, nothing else has transpired outside of me having the entire weight of the academy in my hands, and I couldnt do anything about it"
Back to top Go down
Rahl
Sergeant
Sergeant
Rahl

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Fleet Admiral Chase, I have sent you a PM with what it is you are looking for from my perspective. Rather lengthy, but I think I covered everything I saw / experienced.

If anyone else for some reason wishes to see what I wrote, let me know. I'll forward it to you. It's no secret. Just felt its too long for a post and didn't want to make this topic convoluted with something people do not want to read.
Back to top Go down
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Thank you Sergeant Rahl.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Ambassador
Ambassador
Chase

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:29 pm

I want to thank you all for being upfront and candid. I cannot begin to rectify any situations without fully knowing what they are from many different perspectives. I am currently working on ways to increase recruitment, and trying to work out new procedures for the Fleet as a whole.

I would like to wish you luck with your guild.

Fleet Admiral Chase
Back to top Go down
Keepers
Colonel
Colonel
Keepers

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:26 am

Thank you Fleet Admiral, I wish you as well the best of luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My goodbye to the fifth   My goodbye to the fifth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My goodbye to the fifth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revan's Fist :: General Chat :: Off Topic-
Jump to: